2018 State Canvassing Board
Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018 2:00 PM
Watch HTV 1
The State Canvassing Board will certify the official results report for the November 6, 2018 State General Election on November 27, 2018.
The State Canvassing Board will consist of:.
• Steve Simon, Secretary of State.
• Natalie Hudson, Associate Justice, Minnesota Supreme Court.
• Paul Thissen, Associate Justice, Minnesota Supreme Court.
• Ivy Bernhardson, Chief Judge, Fourth Judicial District Court.
• Elizabeth Cutter, Judge, Fourth Judicial District Court.
2019: Opening Day of 91st Session of the Minnesota Legislature
Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 12:00 PM
Watch HTV 1
Minnesota Statute 3.011:.
The legislature shall meet at the seat of government on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January of each odd-numbered year.
When the first Monday in January falls on January 1, it shall meet on the first Wednesday after the first Monday.
Anticipated Opening Day events:.
• Members-elect take the oath of office.
• Election of speaker of the House.
• Election of chief clerk of the House.
• Election of other officers of the House.
• Adoption of Temporary Rules of the House.
Daudt to continue leading House Republicans in 2019-20 biennium (11/9/2018 3:09:00 PM) DFL chooses Hortman as next House speaker, Winkler as majority leader (11/8/2018 10:58:00 PM) Strong suburban showing puts DFL in control of House (11/7/2018 3:47:00 PM) Lawmakers react to ‘alarming’ MNLARS report showing inaccurate registration charges (9/26/2018 1:27:00 PM) Lawmakers briefed on Metro Transit’s efforts to reduce crime on buses, trains (9/25/2018 4:46:00 PM) Knoblach suspends re-election campaign (9/21/2018 3:39:00 PM) Rep. Rosenthal resigns from House of Representatives (9/6/2018 10:01:00 AM) State fair poll shows strong support for background checks during all gun sales (9/4/2018 1:46:00 PM) Interact with House members, take opinion poll at 2018 Minnesota State Fair (8/28/2018 9:06:07 AM) New laws take effect Aug. 1 (7/30/2018 11:57:12 AM) Dayton — reluctantly — signs bonding bill into law (5/30/2018 12:24:23 PM)