STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FIFTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 1:00 P.M. on March 8, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Freiberg moved that the minutes of March 3, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF1412 (Morrison) First Engrossment Health care service and consultation telehealth coverage modified.
Representative Morrison moved that HF1412, First Engrossment, be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Morrison moved the A1412A3 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Morrison moved the A1412A4 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Morrison presented her bill.
1. Dr. Sarah Manney, Chief Medical Information Officer, Essentia Health
2. John Magnuson, Executive Director, Minnesota Association of Resources for Recovery and Chemical Health
3. Jessica Young, Policy and Advocacy Manager, Medical Alley Association
4. Bentley Graves, Director of Health Care and Transportation Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
5. Dan Endreson, Senior Director of Policy and Government Affairs, Minnesota Council of Health Plans
6. Dave Renner, Director of Advocacy, Minnesota Medical Association
7. Dan Dwight, Health Policy and Political Director, Minnesota Business Partnership
Chair Liebling laid over HF1412, First Engrossment, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
George Konstantinides, Pharmacist, Hennepin Healthcare, presented background information on HIV drugs.
HF745 (Hornstein) HIV prevention or treatment medications exempted from medical assistance and MinnesotaCare co-payments.
Chair Liebling moved that HF745 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Hornstein presented his bill.
1. Dr. MJ Kasten, Infectious Disease Physician
2. Val Rubin-RaShaad Crutcher, Executive Director, Youth and AIDS Project
3. Megan Williams, Director of Nursing and Homecare Services, Clare Housing
Doug Berg, House Fiscal Analyst, responded to member questions.
Chair Liebling laid over HF745 for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF855 (Hollins) HIV preexposure prophylaxis and HIV postexposure prophylaxis dispensing by a pharmacist without a prescription authorized.
Chair Liebling moved that HF855 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Hollins presented her bill.
1. Daniel Jude, Clinical HIV Pharmacist
2. James Talbott
Phil Duran, Director of Advocacy and Research, JustUs Health, responded to member questions.
Chair Liebling laid over HF855 for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
INFORMATIONAL ONLY – HF1904 (Boldon) Drug formulary and prior authorization provisions modified, preferred drug list requirements modified, and Formulary Committee reorganizing report required.
Representative Boldon gave an overview of her bill.
1. Alex Palacios, Consumer
2. Matt Toburen, Executive Director, Aliveness Project
The meeting was adjourned at 2:29 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant