STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-EIGHT MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy
Representative Rick Hansen, Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee, called the virtual meeting to order at 1:00 P.M. February 15, 2022, pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was conducted over Zoom and broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll
HANSEN, Rick (Chair)
WAZLAWIK, Ami (Vice Chair)
HEINTZEMAN, Josh (Lead)
A quorum was present.
Representative Acomb moved that the minutes for February 10, 2022, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Jordan moved that HF 2650 (Jordan) be recommended to be re-referred to the Health Finance and Policy Committee.
Representative Jordan presented HF 2650, Residential lead service line replacement grant program established, and money appropriated.
Testifying on HF 2650:
- Elizabeth Wefel, Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities.
- John Thorson, Legislative Director, Minnesota and North Dakota Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA).
- Tannie Eshenaur, Water Policy Center Planning Director, Environmental Health Division at Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
- Dr. Stephanie Yendell, Supervisor, Health Risk Intervention Unit, MDH.
- Andrew Slade, Great Lakes Program Director, Minnesota Environmental Partnership.
Representative Jordan renewed her motion that HF 2650 be recommended to be re-referred to the Health Finance and Policy Committee.
Chair Hansen directed the clerk to take the roll on HF 2650.
There being 10 ayes, 6 nays, 2 abstentions and 1 excused, THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Acomb moved that HF 3004 (Acomb) be laid over for possible inclusion in an omnibus bill.
Representative Acomb presented HF 3004, Groundwater storage and recovery funding provided, and money appropriated.
Testifying on HF 3004:
- Dr. Carrie Jennings, Research and Policy Director, Freshwater.
- Jason Moeckel, Inventory, Monitoring and Analysis Section Manager, Ecological and Water Resources Division, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Representative Acomb renewed her motion that HF 3004 be laid over for possible inclusion in an omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
Representative Ecklund moved that HF 2813 (Ecklund) be laid over for possible inclusion in an omnibus bill.
Representative Ecklund presented HF 2813, Rat Root River; walleye stocking funding provided, and money appropriated.
Testifying on HF 2813:
- Jason Ellman, President, Rainy Lake Sportfishing Club.
- Brad Parsons, Division of Fish and Wildlife Fisheries Section Manager, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Representative Ecklund renewed his motion that HF 2813 be laid over for possible inclusion in an omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
An update was given on the Lawns to Legumes Program by the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR).
- Dan Shaw, Senior Ecologist, BWSR.
Chair Hansen adjourned the meeting at 3:00 P.M.
Chair of Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy
Committee Legislative Assistant