STATE OF MINNESOTA FIFTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
AGRICULTURE & FOOD FINANCE & POLICY DIVISION
Representative Jeanne Poppe, Chair of the Division, called the meeting to order at 9:45 AM on February 28th, 2019, in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
POPPE, Jeanne, CHAIR
BRAND, Jeff, VICE CHAIR
HAMILTON, Rod, Republican LEAD
A quorum was present.
Vice Chair Brand moved to adopt the minutes from the division meeting on February 26, 2019. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
• Lauralee Eaton, State Reporter, FFA
• Kegan Zimmermann, State Vice President, FFA
Informational hearing for HF 1733
• Peder Kjeseth, Director of Government Affairs, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
Presentation of Climate Change’s impact on Minnesota agriculture
• Dr. Phil Pardey, Department of Applied Economics, College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences
• Dr. Mark Seeley, Department of Soil, Water, and Climate, College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences
Representative Brand moved H.F. 962 for possible inclusion in the omnibus finance bill.
Public testimony provided by:
• Dr. Brian Buhr, Dean of College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences, University of Minnesota
• Kayla Altendorf, Doctoral Student, University of Minnesota
• Gabe Gusmini, Research & Development Director, PepsiCo
• Carmen Fernholz, Farmer, Land Stewardship Project Member
• Bruce Miller, Membership and Outreach Director, Minnesota Farmers Union
• Steve Morse, Executive Director, Minnesota Environmental Partnership
Representative Brand renewed his motion that H.F. 962 be laid over for possible inclusion in the omnibus finance bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:32 AM.
Representative Jeanne Poppe, Chair
Committee Legislative Assistant