STATE OF MINNESOTA SIXTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
AGRICULTURE & FOOD FINANCE & POLICY DIVISION
Representative Jeanne Poppe, Chair of the Division, called the meeting to order at 9:47 AM on March 5th, 2019, in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
POPPE, Jeanne, CHAIR
BRAND, Jeff, VICE CHAIR
HAMILTON, Rod, Republican LEAD
A quorum was present.
Representative Hamilton moved that the minutes of February 28, 2019, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Anderson assumed the gavel at 9:48 AM at the Chair’s request.
Chair Poppe moved that H.F. 1530 be referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Division.
Chair Poppe presented H.F. 1530, a bill for an act relating to veterinary medicine; providing immunity for animal cruelty reporting; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapter 343.
Testifying on H.F. 1530:
• Joni Scheftel, DVM, President, MN Veterinary Medical Association
Chair Poppe renewed the motion that H.F. 1530 be referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Division. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Chair Poppe reassumed the gavel at 9:58 AM.
Presentations on Agriculture Innovation during Changing Times.
Minnesota Corn Growers Association
• Brian Thalmann, President, Minnesota Corn Growers Association
• Dr. Marc Hillmyer, Director of Center for Sustainable Polymers, University of Minnesota
Minnesota Soy Innovation Campus
• Mike Youngerberg, Senior Director of Product Development & Commercialization, Minnesota Soybean Growers Association
• Mike Skaug, Board Member, Minnesota Soybean Growers Association
U of M Regional Sustainable Development Project
• Dr. Kathy Draeger, Statewide Director, Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships
• David Abazs, Executive Director, University of Minnesota Extension Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships
Developing Industrial Hemp Industry
• Whitney Place, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
• Tony Cortilet, Plant Protection, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
The meeting was adjourned at 11:32 AM.
Representative Jeanne Poppe, Chair
Tara Schaefle, Committee Legislative Assistant