STATE OF MINNESOTA SIXTIETH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
PUBLIC SAFETY AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
EARLY CHILDHOOD FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Mariani, Chair of the Committee on Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Finance and Policy, called the joint virtual meeting of the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Finance and Policy Committee and the Early Childhood Finance and Police Committee to order at 1:00 PM on April 1st,2022, pursuant to House Rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Committee Members present:
MARIANI, Carlos (Chair)
FRAZIER, Cedrick (Vice Chair)
JOHNSON, Brian (Minority Lead)
Early Childhood Committee Members Present:
PINTO, Dave, Chair
PRYOR, Laurie, Vice Chair
FRANSON, Mary, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
An informational presentation was given on Adverse Childhood Experiences, and Brain Development.
• Megan Gunnar, PhD, Regents Professor, University of Minnesota Institute of Child
• Andres Dukes, Vice President of Family and Community Impact, Northside Achievement
An informational presentation was given by Fight Crime Invest in Kids.
• Tim Leslie, Sheriff, Dakota County.
• Marissa Adam, Chief of Police, Thief River Falls.
Representative Pinto gave an informational presentation on HF 4191, a bill for an act
relating to corrections; appropriating money for a family support unit and youth
communication and support services.
Testifying on HF 4191:
• Paul Schnell, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Corrections
• Glen Palm, Professor of Child and Family Studies, St. Cloud State University
The meeting adjourned at 12:04 PM