STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
AGRICULTURE & FOOD FINANCE & POLICY DIVISION
Representative Jeanne Poppe, Chair of the Division, called the meeting to order at 9:45 AM on April 2nd, 2019, in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
POPPE, Jeanne, CHAIR
BRAND, Jeff, VICE CHAIR
HAMILTON, Rod, Republican LEAD
A quorum was present.
Representative Brand moved that the minutes of March 28, 2019, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Poppe moved H.F. 2200 in front of the division.
Non-partisan staff walk through of the finance omnibus bill.
• Colbey Sullivan, Staff Coordinator, Minnesota House Research Department
• Ken Savary, Fiscal Analyst, Minnesota House Fiscal Analysis Department
Public testimony provided by:
• Commissioner Thom Petersen, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
• Craig Engwall, Executive Director, Minnesota Deer Hunters Association
• Tony Kwilas, Lobbyist, Minnesota Elk Breeders Association
• Lorna Schmidt, Government Relations Director, American Heart Association
• David Shaffer, Executive Director, Minnesota Solar Energy Industries Association
• Patrick Murray, Senior Government Affairs Director, Cooperative Network
• Paul Eger, Vice President of Government Affairs, Minnesota Association of Realtors
• Rick Evans, Director of Regional Government Affairs, Xcel Energy
• Tim Spreck, Representative, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
• Brendan Jordan, Vice President, Great Plains Institute
• Rich Meech, President, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
• Sue Meech, Member, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
• Gary Olson, Director, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
• Bruce Kleven, Representative, Minnesota Turf Seed Council
Representative Poppe laid H.F. 2200 over.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:44 AM.
Representative Jeanne Poppe, Chair
Carl Kaase, Committee Legislative Assistant