Rep. Carlos Mariani
*HF 2711 (Mariani) Public safety provisions modified including corrections, crime, and firearms; reports required; penalties provided; corrections, public safety, Sentencing Guidelines, Peace Officer Standards and Training Board, and Private Detective Board funding provided; and money appropriated.
**HF 4540 (Mariani) Sexual assault examination kits, background checks, and Board of Public Defense provisions modified; supreme court, corrections, sentencing guidelines, and public safety funding provided; disaster contingency account funds transferred; and money appropriated.
*The language in HF 2711 will be deleted and replaced with the A20-0767 Amendment that contains a House Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform omnibus bill.
*The provisions within HF 8 and HF 9 will not be in this bill.
**The HF 4540 A4 Amendment will remove all the language from HF 4540 with the exception of the DOC Deficiency request.
***The Committee has be authorized to reconvene at 6pm should we not finish hearing these bills by 2:15 pm
Public Testimony Information:
• This meeting will be held in accordance with House Rule 10.01m which you may view here: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/rules/permrule/1001.htm
• Members of the public with questions about this process or who are interested in testifying at this meeting may email committee staff at Jamael.Lundy@house.mn
• If you wish to testify, please contact committee staff at least one hour prior to the start of the remote hearing and they will provide instructions.
• Public Testimony will be taken at the end of the presentation, as is custom with in person hearings.
Public Viewing Information:
• Live stream via House website: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/live/1
• Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/MNHouseInfo/
• YouTube: https://youtu.be/RpbRvaeDjdc
If you have questions about the accessibility of remote hearings or require assistance to arrange the necessary service to participate as a testifier, please contact Blake Wilcox by emailing him at Jason.Chavez@house.mn
or by leaving a message at 651-269-9676.