Rep. Jamie Becker-Finn
This meeting is held in accordance to House Rule 10.01
**This meeting is scheduled to run from 1 pm - 3 pm, but may run longer**
1). HF 1103 (Thompson): Duties imposed on peace officers and law enforcement agencies regarding video and audio recordings of deadly use of force and civil remedy provided.
2). HF 1104 (Thompson): Peace officer civil and criminal liability immunity prohibited
3). HF 640 (Gomez): citizen oversight councils established.
4). HF XXXX (Frazier/Moller): limiting the authority for peace officers to stop or detain drivers for certain motor vehicle equipment violations* PLEASE NOTE: this Revisor bill draft is being noticed for discussion and informational purposes only; no formal committee action will be taken
5). HF 600 (Winkler): Legalization of Adult-Use Cannabis*
*PLEASE NOTE: Testimony, amendments and discussion will be limited to the provisions of HF 600 within the jurisdiction of the Judiciary Finance & Civil Law Committee.
The relevant provisions are as follows:
• Sec. 2 – establishing the Board (particularly subdivision 7)
• Sec. 5 – statewide monitoring system (particularly subdivision 2)
• Sec. 8 – personal adult use (particularly subdivision 5)
• Sec. 15 – inspection and penalties (particularly subdivision 7)
• Sec. 47 – protections for registry program participants (particularly subdivision 2)
• Sec. 58 – lawful activities
• Sec. 59 – civil actions
• Sec. 14 – controlled substances forfeiture
• Sec. 15 – controlled substances forfeiture
• Sec. 16 – controlled substances forfeiture
• Sec. 17 – controlled substances forfeiture
• Sec. 5 – expungement and resentencing (particularly subdivisions 5, 7. 8, and 10)
• Sec. 1 – cannabis business data
• Sec. 2 – Cannabis Expungement Board data
• Sec. 23 – civil liability for cannabis nuisance
**Agenda items may be added, deleted and/or taken in any order.
**If you are interested in providing written testimony, oral testimony, or a handout, please email the Committee Administrator and copy the Committee Legislative Assistant by 5 pm the day before the hearing to get instructions.
This remote hearing may be viewed via the House webcast schedule page: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/schedule.asp
NOTE: HTV 1 and HTV 2 will provide live closed captioning. Video archives of meetings streamed on HTV 3, 4, and 5 will have closed captions added. Other reasonable accessibility accommodations may be made with advance notice.
If you have questions about the accessibility of remote hearings or require an accommodation, please contact Jenny Nash at: email@example.com
or by leaving a message at 651-296-4122. Please do not contact Jenny with questions about the substance of the meeting agenda. If you have questions regarding the substance of the agenda, please contact the Committee Administrator, Rachel Ganani.