During the last ten days, we have experienced a range of emotions in response to the murder of George Floyd. I am heartened by the attitude of many to help our neighbors rebuild and heal. I will work with my legislative colleagues to ensure our communities come back stronger than ever. We care about each other and it will take of all of us to create a more just Minnesota for everyone.
The People of Color and Indigenous (POCI) caucus this week released their legislative response to the murder of George Floyd. You can watch their press conference, or read an overview of their proposals.
I look forward to advocating for these proposals in an upcoming special session.
Phase III of Stay Safe MN
On Wednesday, June 10, limited re-opening of dine-in restaurants, gyms, and entertainment venues will begin. Occupancy rates will be limited based on risk, with an overall occupancy maximum of 250 people. All critical businesses are required to develop and implement a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan by June 29, and the Department of Health (MDH), Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), and Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) will publish industry guidance by June 15. Under Phase III of the Stay Safe MN plan:
- Restaurants can begin offering indoor dining while maintaining social distancing, requiring reservations, and seating no more than 50 percent occupancy.
- Indoor social gatherings can take place with 10 people or less; outdoor social gatherings can take place with 25 people or less.
- Gyms, personal fitness and yoga studios, and martial arts may open at 25 percent capacity.
- Indoor entertainment venues, such as theaters and concert halls, can open at 25 percent capacity.
- Recreational indoor entertainment venues, such as bowling alleys, arcades, and museums may open at 25 percent capacity.
- Personal services, such as salons, tattoo parlors, and barbershops, may increase occupancy rates to 50 percent while requiring reservations.
- Outdoor entertainment venues, such as sporting events, concerts, and theaters may open at 25 percent capacity.
- Places of worship can increase occupancy rates to 50 percent.