Today at 1 p.m., Governor Tim Walz and Minnesota Department of Health Commissioner (MDH) Jan Malcolm will announce community mitigation strategies for Minnesotans in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can watch the news conference live here:
News about the COVID-19 virus has been changing frequently and the legislature and governor responded quickly to this unfolding situation. This week, the House and Senate unanimously approved, and Gov. Walz signed into law, bipartisan legislation for immediate funding to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) if the virus results in a major health crisis in Minnesota. Read the news release from Gov. Walz on the state response to the outbreak. Other information and resources can be found on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
The COVID-19 Hotline is available for questions at (651) 201-3920 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
This Wednesday, House DFL leaders announced additional COVID-19 measures to help prepare for the virus. A package of bills includes:
- clarification on when a governor can declare a peacetime emergency,
- establishing a health care revolving loan account,
- expansion of unemployment insurance to include sick time payments during a communicable disease outbreak,
- compensating hourly school workers for cancelation days,
- cost-free COVID-19 – related testing, treatment and quarantine, and
- banning price gouging on goods/services during an emergency.
You can read more details about these proposals here.
Your best source of accurate and timely information is the Minnesota Department of Health.
You can contact me at email@example.com or (651) 296-4219. Be sure to “like” my official state representative Facebook page!
Thank you for the privilege of serving District 60A in the legislature.