Last year, the Minnesota House DFL put forward a strong agenda to build a Minnesota that works better for all of us. We did make bipartisan progress to enact wage theft protections, invest in our schools, and protect affordable health care access for more than one million Minnesotans, but we have a lot of work left to do to ensure our state works for everyone.
We are working to pass long-overdue legislation to:
- Provide emergency insulin access and reduce the price of prescription drugs
- Eliminate education opportunity gaps and invest in early childhood education
- Provide paid family & medical leave and earned safe & sick time to all Minnesotans
- Deliver investments in communities across the state through local jobs & infrastructure projects
- And our new Climate Action Caucus is working on a plan to improve our clean energy economy and protect our natural resources
Thank you to everyone who came to our town hall with Rep. Steve Sandell and newly-elected Senate Minority Leader Susan Kent! It was great to meet many of you and hear about your hopes, goals, and concerns for our community.
Want more content on our work at the Capitol? The House DFL's Minnesota Values Podcast has new podcast episodes out weekly. We'll be sharing stories of the Minnesotans that drive our work and our policy priorities - you can listen here or wherever you listen to podcasts. Another great resource is the nonpartisan House Public Information Services office for staying updated on committee schedules, a bill’s status, or watching live coverage of Floor Sessions or committee hearings. Give them a ‘like’ or a ‘follow’ on their Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.
I hope you'll keep in touch!
Rep. Tou Xiong