‘Adjusting the Dials’ on COVID-19
Last week, in tandem with guidance from our state’s public health officials, Governor Walz announced that more lifted restrictions are coming for our community’s businesses and public venues. This “Phase 3” of reopenings and lifted restrictions will begin today, June 10, and includes the following:
- Restaurants can begin offering indoor dining while maintaining social distancing, requiring reservations, and seating no more than 50 percent occupancy.
- Indoor social gatherings can take place with 10 people or less; outdoor social gatherings can take place with 25 people or less.
- Gyms, personal fitness and yoga studios, and martial arts may open at 25 percent capacity.
- Indoor entertainment venues, such as theaters and concert halls, can open at 25 percent capacity.
- Recreational indoor entertainment venues, such as bowling alleys, arcades, and museums may open at 25 percent capacity.
- Personal services, such as salons, tattoo parlors, and barbershops, may increase occupancy rates to 50 percent while requiring reservations.
- Outdoor entertainment venues, such as sporting events, concerts, and theaters may open at 25 percent capacity.
- Places of worship can increase occupancy rates to 50 percent.
I hope you’ll join me in patronizing our local businesses in a safe and responsible manner. While these measures are certainly welcome, the pandemic continues, and it’s only with continued public health guidelines that we can keep ourselves - and our neighbors - healthy and safe. You can watch Governor Walz’s announcement of these measures here.