Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Legislative News and Views - Rep. Tim Miller (R)

Back to profile


Tuesday, March 30, 2021

St. Paul – Today, Governor Tim Walz announced that three new Minnesota Veterans Homes have received full funding. The three facilities will be located in Bemidji, Montevideo, and Preston. 

“This is a terrific day for Minnesota,” said Rep. Tim Miller (Republican-Prinsburg). “I am so thrilled that these Veterans Homes will finally become a reality. Montevideo is one of the cities I represent in the Minnesota House of Representatives. I am particularly happy that we could get the Montevideo Veterans Home project over the finish line.”

The funding for the Minnesota Veterans Homes is a joint effort between the federal government and Minnesota state government. The State of Minnesota supplied 35% of the funds, and the federal government supplied the remaining 65%. However, the Montevideo Veterans Home also received a significant amount of money from private donations.

“From the start, this has been a community effort,” said Rep. Miller. “The people of Montevideo have worked for nearly twelve years to make the Montevideo Veterans Home possible. I am so proud of the people of Montevideo. Their respect and compassion for those who have served is extraordinary.”

Rep. Miller partnered with Sen. Andrew Lang to make sure that the Montevideo Veterans Home project was properly funded. Both Rep. Miller and Sen. Lang were authors of the bonding bill that supplied the state government’s portion of the required funds.

“Since becoming state legislators, the Montevideo Veterans Home has been a top priority for me and Sen. Andrew Lang,” said Rep. Miller. “I want to thank Sen. Lang for his tireless efforts to make sure that veterans receive the support and care they deserve.”

Rep. Miller concluded, “We need to serve the people who served us. Veterans have given so much of themselves to make sure that our nation remains free and prosperous. Their devotion to their fellow Americans and our country is truly inspiring.”