1. The state’s economic forecast released on February 28th indicates the state budget faces a $673 million deficit—a decrease from the $1.1 billion projected in November 2012. With the state’s economy showing continued improvement and job growth, how should the deficit be addressed?
6% Tax increases
66% Spending reductions
28% Combination of the two
2. Do you support expanding the sales tax to items such as lunch meat, haircuts, auto repairs, clothing items over $100, over-the-counter medications, bank charges, business to business services and other items?
3. Governor Dayton’s budget proposal would increase state spending from $35.2 to $37.9 billion over the next two years — an increase of about 8 percent. Do you support this increase in spending?
4. The state has repaid the school funding shift from 2011. Should the state immediately repay the remaining shift borrowed from our schools in 2009-10?
5. Later this session, it is expected that the legislature will take up the issue of marriage equality for same sex couples. Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage in Minnesota?
6. Some unions and lawmakers are considering requiring private day care providers and personal care attendants to join a union. Proponents argue it will give more power to these workers to improve their wages and working conditions. Opponents say the measure is unnecessary and will increase the cost of daycare and personal care services for families. Do you support the unionization of child care providers and personal care attendants?
7. Do you approve of the job Rep. McDonald is doing?
37% Strongly Approve
17% Somewhat Approve
5% Somewhat Disapprove
2% Strongly Disapprove