1. What is the most important issue Minnesota faces?
41% Budget shortfall
12% Tax increases
11% Health care reform
5% Education reform
18% Job creation
13% Business climate
2. What should state government do to help people return to work?
22% Borrow money to fund construction projects
78% Reduce business taxes to encourage entrepreneurs to create new jobs
3. Minnesota’s revenue is expected to rise by 9% in the upcoming budget cycle, but state spending is projected to rise by nearly 29% in the same period, leaving us with a $5 billion shortfall. What is the best way for Minnesota to balance the budget?
76% Cut spending and government programs
24% Raise taxes
4. Do you support limiting state spending to actual revenue in order to prevent future deficits?
5. Should Minnesota require voters to present photo ID at the polls?
6. What do you consider most important?
17% Government-run health care
83% Freedom to choose doctors and clinics
7. Should the state assist in funding the construction of a new Vikings stadium?
8. If you answered “Yes” in the previous question, what funding option do you favor most?
6% Statewide sales tax
5% Local sales tax
45% User tax applied specifically to goods and services purchased by football fans
34% Use proceeds from racino gambling
10% Transfer Minneapolis Convention Center tax revenue once that facility debt is paid
9. Should Minnesota consider nuclear power as an option for meeting future energy needs?