Hello, friends! I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on some of the recent activities here at the Minnesota State Capitol.
Governor Walz Closes Minnesota – Again
On Wednesday, Governor Tim Walz announced that he was imposing a four-week shutdown on bars, restaurants, and gyms. Additional restrictions are also being implemented. The new measures took effect at 11:59pm last night. Here are the details of Governor Walz’s most recent shutdown plan.
- Social gatherings that include individuals who are not members of your household are prohibited for four weeks.
- Bars and restaurants will be closed for four weeks. However, they will still be permitted to offer takeout services.
- Gyms and fitness centers will be totally closed for four weeks.
- Youth sports will be suspended for four weeks.
- Wedding and funeral receptions will be suspended for four weeks.
- These measures are the Governor’s most recent effort to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is link to the executive order.
The COVID-19 pandemic needs to be taken seriously, and we all need to do our part to take precautions. However, the Governor keeps implementing one failed policy after another. I believe these efforts are misguided and will harm the livelihoods of Minnesotans across the state. Does he not realize that his policies are putting Minnesotans out of work?
Just a few weeks ago, Governor Walz said that he wanted to approach COVID-19 in a “surgical” manner rather than using “blunt instruments.” Clearly, the Governor did not mean what he said. His most recent restrictions are nothing more than blunt instruments. The Governor needs to level with the people of Minnesota rather than mislead everyone. I am tired of his hypocrisy and his unconstitutional actions.
So many people are struggling during these economic times. We need to get people back to work rather than shut down people’s livelihoods. The Governor clearly does not understand this, and he remains woefully out of touch with Minnesota.