What: Sen. Carla Nelson, R-Rochester, and Rep. Dean Urdahl, R-Acton Township, and others will discuss S.F. 294/H.F. 249, legislation Nelson and Urdahl have authored requiring Minnesota schools to offer civics courses for credit to juniors or seniors in high school, and also requiring the state to begin collecting data from a 50-question civics test already being administered to students.
When: 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 26.
Where: Capitol Press Room, B971
- Note: The House Education Policy Committee is scheduled hear the bill at 2:30 p.m. the same day in Room 5 of the State Office building.
- Rep. Dean Urdahl, R-Acton Township
- Sen. Carla Nelson, R-Rochester
- Secretary of State Steve Simon
- Former Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court Paul Anderson
- Former Hamline Law School Dean Steve Young
- Lisa Larson of the League of Women’s Voters
- Litchfield teachers/school board members Greg Mathews and Darrin Anderson
- Jennifer Bloom of the Learning Law and Democracy Foundation
- Legislative co-authors of the bill