State Rep. Bud Nornes (R-Fergus Falls) is inviting the residents of District 10A to attend any of his joint town hall meetings with District 10 Sen. Cal Larson. These meetings will provide an opportunity for residents to present their ideas and concerns to their state legislators.
“These town meetings are a good way for me to meet with local residents and discuss issues and concerns,” Nornes said.
The meetings will be held in an informal, discussion based format. Nornes and Larson will be discussing some of the current issues legislators are facing in the 2006 session, as well as addressing any questions or concerns constituents may have.
“I am interested in learning more about what the people I represent would like to see happen here at the Capitol,” Nornes said. “These opportunities are very helpful in identifying concerns and sharing information.”
The first town meeting is scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Fergus Falls at the Otter Tail Power South Dakota Room.
Then on Saturday, Feb. 18, Nornes and Larson will visit four communities. They are:
• From 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Farmhouse Café in Underwood
• From 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Shoreline Café in Battle Lake
• From noon to 1 p.m. at the Purple Palace in Vining
• From 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Dalton Community Center
On Monday, Feb. 20, they will visit four more communities. They are:
• From 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Elizabeth Community Center
• From 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Erhard City Hall
• From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Bridges Bistro & Bar in Pelican Rapids
• From 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Vergas Community Center