To the editor-
Veterans Day is next Wednesday (Nov. 11) and I encourage you to show support for our service members. Here are just a few ideas of things we can do to show our appreciation:
• Attend a local parade or observance (check local listings for information)
• Fly the American flag
• Send a letter of appreciation to an active military member
• Support a veterans club; if you do not have a relative or close friend who is a veteran, just stop by a local club to see how you can help
• Pray for our veterans
Another simple thing you can do is to offer a word of thanks to a veteran. You can tell by the look in their eyes how much it means to veterans to be thanked for their service.
On a different topic, congratulations to those who worked so hard to build the new Lakeland Hospice and Home Care house at 394 Woodland Dr. (at the entrance to Woodland Heights) in Fergus Falls. Three events are scheduled to commemorate its opening and public tours will be given at each function:
• A ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place 10 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3 as the new facility in Fergus Falls is unveiled.
• A housewarming shower will be 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 7; gift registry information is at the Web site listed below.
• A community open house is scheduled for 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12.
Log on to www.lakelandhospicehomecare.org for more information regarding these events and more.