ST. PAUL – Motorists who drive in Fillmore and Houston counties are going to notice considerable road improvement over the next three years according to State Representative Greg Davids (R-Preston).
“In talks with members of the Department of Transportation, I’m pleased to report that MnDOT is preparing an aggressive three-year plan that will greatly improve the major highways in District 31B,” Davids said.
Davids said some of the overlay projects will begin this spring, and others are will receive greater priority in the next three years. The projects include:
• Highway 250 from Lanesboro to Highway 30
• Highway 43 from Mabel to south of Rushford
• Highway 16 from Houston to Hokah
• Highway 43 from Rushford into Winona County
• Highway 44 from Spring Grove to Caledonia
• Highway 76 from Caledonia into Winona County
• Highway 16 from Rushford into Houston
• Highway 44 from Caledonia to Hokah
Davids noted that MnDOT moved the Highway 44 Caledonia/Hokah project ahead by one year.
“I’m pleased MnDOT recognized the need for road improvements in southeastern Minnesota, and that the department is making road safety in our area one of its top priorities,” Davids said.