Minnesota House of Representatives


State Representative Carlos Mariani

203 State Office BuildingState Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

For more information contact: Matt Roznowski 651-296-8875

Posted: Nov 20 2014 10:30AM
Share on: 


Possible documentation to prepare for President Obama's executive action on immigration

List of possible records/documents you can begin to prepare: 

Proof of identity

• Passport or national identity document from your country of origin

• Birth certificate with photo identification

• School or military ID with photo

• Any U.S. government immigration or other document bearing your name and photo

Proof of your presence in the U.S.

• Passport with admission stamp

• Form I-94/I-95/I-94W

• School records from the U.S. schools you have attended

• Military records (Form DD-214 or NGB Form 22)

• Any Immigration and Naturalization Service or DHS document stating your date of entry (Form I-862, Notice to Appear)

• Travel records

• Hospital or medical records

• Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 Forms, etc.)

• Official records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony

• Copies of money order receipts for money sent in or out of the country

• Birth certificates of children born in the U.S.

• Dated bank transactions

• Utility bills or other bills with your name and address

• Rent receipts

• Automobile license receipts or registration

• Deeds, mortgages, rental agreement contracts

• Tax receipts, insurance policies

Proof of immigration status

• Form I-94/I-95/I-94W with authorized stay expiration date

• Final order of exclusion, deportation, or removal issued

• A charging document placing you into removal proceedings

• Expired visa

Proof of education

• Official records (transcripts, report cards, etc.) from the school that you are currently attending in the United States.

• U.S. high school diploma or certificate of completion

• U.S. GED certificate

Proof you are a honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of U.S.

• Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty

• NGB Form 22, National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service

• Military personnel records

• Military health records

Demonstrating employment

• W-2 Form

• SS-4 Forms filed (by you or on your behalf)

• Bank Deposits

• Pay Stubs

• Written receipts (cashed checks)

• Employer/building ID

• Email history to/from other employees or employer

• Business cards

• Ads posting your services

• Contact information of employer

Payment of taxes

• W-2 Form

• Bank statements

• Individual Taxpayer Identification Form (ITIN)

• W-7 Form to apply for ITIN

Immigration history

• Notice to appear

• Removal documents

• Any U.S. Citizenship and ImmigrationServices or DHS document

Family relationships

• Listing dependents on W-2

• Birth certificates of all children, especially U.S. citizen children

• Marriage certificate (church and civil)

• Adoption documents

Community relationships

• Church records of attendance/membership

• Community service records

• School or College ID /registration documentation

• Neighborhood watch documentation

• Community center registration/documentation

• Pool club membership documentation

• YMCA/Boy scouts/girl scouts documentation

• Sports teams documentation/registration

• Documentation of volunteer work

• Awards/Honors/Accolades in community

Criminal record

• Court dispositions

• FBI criminal background checks

• Traffic violations/tickets

• Any expungement records

• Juvenile expunged records

• Documentation of pardons

• DUI rehabilitation class registration


Minnesota House of Representatives  ·   100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Saint Paul, MN   55155   ·   Webmaster@house.mn