Minnesota House of Representatives


State Representative Jenifer Loon

449 State Office BuildingState Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

For more information contact: House GOP Communications 651-296-5522

Posted: Mar 25 2014 1:54PM
Share on: 


Tax Conformity: Do I need to re-file my taxes?

April 15th is just around the corner, and I have been contacted by several tax preparers and concerned constituents about what to expect with delayed tax conformity now that half of all Minnesotans have already filed their taxes. Many are asking if they need to re-file to benefit from newly available tax deductions and credits.

The Department of Revenue (DOR) is advising Minnesotans to file their taxes after April 3rd. If you have already filed, the first step is to figure out if the new benefits apply to you. Here is a list of newly available deductions and credits:

Taxpayers are advised to contact the DOR at (651)556-3000 if they have additional questions. Click here for more information from the DOR website. (The Star Tribune also lays out the details of the new tax bill here.) As always, do not hesitate to reach out to my office with your concerns.

Minnesota House of Representatives  ·   100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Saint Paul, MN   55155   ·   Webmaster@house.mn