A link to my legislative survey was included in last week’s update from the Capitol. I would appreciate your input on issues that may be discussed this current legislative session. Please go online to this LINK to take the survey and weigh in on your priorities.
With your help, I’m working on a number of community-focused measures, including HF 1331 to get our youth involved in nature through the River Watch Program, HF 1402 to help border cities match the frost footing of Fargo in new construction, and HF 1414 continuing the effort to help keep Moorhead safe from flooding. In the news, we all hear and read about the bigger issues, but just as important are the every-day matters impacting our community. My focus is listening to you and working together to improve the lives of everyone.
The vaccine availability news seems to change often, but last week, Gov. Walz announced the implementation of the Vaccine Connector. The new tool will help all Minnesotans learn how to get their COVID-19 vaccine. The Vaccine Connector is the next step in the state’s vaccination strategy to link Minnesotans to vaccine opportunities, no matter where they live or their personal circumstances.
When a Minnesotan becomes eligible to receive a vaccine under state guidelines, the Vaccine Connector will alert them of their eligibility, connect them to resources to schedule an appointment, and notify them if there are vaccination opportunities in their area.
Vaccine demands still far exceed supply. Every Minnesotan will have an opportunity to get vaccinated as more vaccine arrives in the weeks and months ahead. It will just take time and the Vaccine Connector is another tool Minnesotans can use to be prepared.
Instructions for Signing Up:
- Signing up for the Vaccine Connector is easy, safe, and secure.
- All Minnesotans 18 years of age and older should sign up, no matter their current vaccine eligibility status.
- There will be no cost and no restricted time for signing up.
- Health insurance and personal identification forms are not required for signing up.
- Go to gov/vaccineconnector to sign up.
- Minnesotans unable to sign up online can have family or friends help them sign up or call 833-431-2053 for assistance signing up over the phone.
- Interpreters are available by phone in all languages. Minnesotans can call the translation hotlines at 833-431-2053 and 651-318-0989 for assistance signing up over the phone. While the Connector is currently only available in English, instructions are available in Hmong, Spanish and Somali here: https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/connector/translations.jsp.
- All Minnesotans must do to sign up is provide basic information such as contact information, demographic information, medical history, and employment to determine their eligibility based on state guidelines.
- The State of Minnesota is committed to the equitable distribution of safe and effective vaccines for protection against COVID-19 and the Vaccine Connector form has included questions about gender identity, sexual orientation, race, cultural identification, and disabilities to help us track and measure equity and fairness throughout the vaccine distribution process. These questions do have the option to select “prefer not to answer” or “none of the above,” and selecting these answers will not prevent you from signing up for the Vaccine Connector.
The House has expanded the number of simultaneous committees it can?webcast live?from a maximum of two to five, so you can stay current on issues moving through committees this session.
The Minnesota House of Representatives Public Information Services offers nonpartisan recaps of high-profile bills, committee hearings, and floor sessions with their Session Daily publication. Subscribe to receive these here. To track bills of interest through the legislative process, I encourage you to utilize the MyBills feature on the Minnesota House of Representatives’ website here.
Contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. I welcome your questions and comments. Also, you are welcome to “like” my Facebook page.
Thank you for the privilege of representing you in the legislature.