Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Legislative News and Views - Rep. Tim Miller (R)

Back to profile


Monday, July 12, 2021

Emergency Access for Haying and Grazing  

Recently, I have heard a lot of people talking about emergency access to Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) acres for haying and grazing due to the ongoing drought.

To be clear, the counties I represent in the state legislature, Chippewa; Renville; Swift; and Kandiyohi, have not been approved for emergency access as of today. Instead, these counties are only eligible for access. 

This map shows the counties that are eligible for CRP emergency haying and grazing. However, counties need to be approved before they are allowed access to CRP acres.

MN Counties

So far, the only counties in Minnesota that have been approved are Polk County and Marshall County. If you have any questions, please contact the Minnesota Farm Service Agency at (651) 602-7700.

Additionally, the Minnesota Farm Service Agency website can be found here.

I will be sure to update you if anything new develops.


Tim Miller

Tim Miller - Signature

Recent News for Rep. Tim Miller