House Television Webcast and Mobile Streaming Schedule
Presentations on project modifications to SS-5 HF1: October 2020 enacted bonding bill (Ch 3).
Bills/draft language will be posted.
- HF15 (Hansen) Mendota; prior appropriation for grant modified.
- HF16 (Freiberg) Golden Valley; prior appropriation for grant modified.
- HF67 (Munson) Vernon Center water infrastructure improvement appropriation modified.
- (McDonald) South Haven Wells.
- (Gruenhagen) Flood Mitigation Sibley County and Le Sueur County.
- HF132 (Quam) Olmstead County; capital improvement appropriation modified.
- (Kiel) Crookston Colborn Property Development.
- HF77 (Moller) Arden Hills; earlier-enacted appropriation for water main project description amended.
- (Fischer) Willernie Public Infrastructure.
- (Haley) Ohuta Beach Breakwater.
- (Mueller) Austin Wastewater Treatment.
- (Morrison) Spring Park City Utilities.
- (West) Anoka County Hi 65/109th Avenue.
- (Daudt) Sherburne County Zimmerman Interchange.
- (Lee) Technical: Oronoco Wastewater; Saint Cloud Correctional Facility; and Mahnomen Wastewater and Water Infrastructure.
2021 Capital Projects Cancellation Report presentation, House Fiscal staff.
Department of Administration presentation on Chapter 13 and government data practices.
Department of Human Rights presentation.
*Agenda items may be added, deleted and/or taken in any order.
*If you are interested in providing written testimony, oral testimony, or a handout, please email the committee administrator and copy the committee legislative assistant by 5pm the day before the hearing to get instructions:.
Presentation on Selected Programs Supporting Families with Young Children.
-Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Presentation on Family Home Visiting Programs.
-Minnesota Department of Health.
Presentation by the Office of the Attorney General.
-Keith Ellison, Attorney General.
Presentation by the Office of the Secretary of State.
-Steve Simon, Secretary of State.
MPCA's Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Report.
Energy Innovation's Energy Policy Simulator.
Informational overviews from these state agencies and boards.
-MN State Academies.
-Board of School Administrators.
-The Perpich Center for Arts Education.
-Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
Overview of housing non-profits in Minnesota.
Presenting organizations are:.
- CommonBond Communities.
- Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative.
- Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota.
- Catholic Charities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity.
- Project for Pride in Living, Inc.
Continuous Improvement updates from the Department of Human Services.
Minnesota Family Investment program overview.
Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
*Agenda items may be added.
*No public testimony will be taken for this informational hearing.
Human rights in state and local facilities.
- Department of Corrections COVID-19 Response presentation.
- Office of Legislative Auditor Safety State Correctional Facilities Report presentation.
HF133 (Becker-Finn) Conveying state land interests provisions modified,
state parks added to and deleted from, and state land sales authorized.
Overview of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Continued overview of Minnesota tax system by House Research and House Fiscal.
Department of Revenue Agency Overview.
Presentations on the future of transportation in a post pandemic world.
-Frank Douma, Director, State and Local Policy Program, Humphrey School of Public Affairs,
University of Minnesota.
-Will Northrop, Associate Professor and Director, Thomas E Murphy Engine Lab, Department of
Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota.
-Karthik Natarajan, Assistant Professor, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota.
-Adeel Lari, Research Fellow, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.
-Lee Munnich, Senior Researcher, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.
Presentation by the Office of Higher Education.
-Organizational overview and presentation of vision, mission, and goals.
Department of Labor and Industry.
- Commissioner Roslyn Robertson.
*No formal action will be taken.
Banking & Consumer Protection.
- Therese Kuvaas & Tess Rice, MN Bankers Association.
- Jim Amundson, Independent Community Banks of MN.
- Mark Cummins, MN Credit Union Network.
*No formal action will be taken.
*To submit written testimony, please email the Committee Administrator no later than 4pm on Wednesday, January 20 at email@example.com.
Results First overview.
- Minnesota Management and Budget.
Health care spending in public programs during COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Department of Human Services.
- Department of Health.
Overview from Department of Veteran Affairs.
Overview from Department of Military Affairs.