FRIDAY: Session Daily Update
Friday, Dec. 14, 2018 1:25 PMCh: HTV 1
• Overview of upcoming task force meeting.
• Recap of Tuesday’s House Ways and Means Committee meeting.
FRIDAY: House Task Force on Workplace Safety and Respect
Friday, Dec. 14, 2018 1:30 PMCh: HTV 1
Overview of the House Community Survey findings.
Update on the progress of the R17 Resolution on Workplace Safety and Respect.
Non-partisan recommendations on House Policies and Procedures against Discrimination and Harassment for the 91st Session.
DECEMBER 18: Session Daily Update
Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 8:55 AMCh: HTV 1
Session Daily Update
DECEMBER 18: MNLARS Steering Committee
Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 9:00 AMCh: HTV 1
1) Presentation by Department of Public Safety (DPS)/MN.IT of third Minnesota Licensing and Registration System (MNLARS) Steering Committee report, dated December 10, 2018.
2) Status report on drivers licenses processed and mailed since October 1, 2018, as well as remaining queue for each type of license: regular driver’s license, Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) and Real ID.
3) Status report on title backlog by type of titles.
4) Report on average wait time for phone calls regarding vehicle services issues since October 1.
5) Status report on how department is responding and or making changes due to Office of Legislative Auditor Report dated September 25, 2018 “MNLARS Transaction Accuracy” including, but not limited to, issues involving:.
• data integrity issues.
• VIN base value calculation problems.
• issues arising with license plate and title transactions such as inactive fees and incorrect trade in values.
6) Request for Information – status of submission by vendors to RFI.
7) FAST Enterprises Update – effect of transfer of funds on “phase 2” for FAST; how program is working since rollout; any issues or updates which need addressing; current staffing still available from FAST.
8) MNLARS budget for next year; also staffing needs, and status of current staff ramp down and future continued ramp down of staff and work on MNLARS project.
9) Testimony from any groups affected by MNLARS with any status updates.
JANUARY 8: Session Daily Update
Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 11:30 AMCh: HTV 1
Session Daily Update
Opening Day of 91st Session of the Minnesota Legislature
Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 12:00 PMCh: HTV 1
Minnesota Statute 3.011:.
The legislature shall meet at the seat of government on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January of each odd-numbered year.
When the first Monday in January falls on January 1, it shall meet on the first Wednesday after the first Monday.
Anticipated Opening Day events:.
• Members-elect take the oath of office.
• Election of speaker of the House.
• Election of chief clerk of the House.
• Election of other officers of the House.
• Adoption of Temporary Rules of the House.