2019: Opening Day of 91st Session of the Minnesota Legislature
Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 12:00 PMCh: HTV 1
Minnesota Statute 3.011:.
The legislature shall meet at the seat of government on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January of each odd-numbered year.
When the first Monday in January falls on January 1, it shall meet on the first Wednesday after the first Monday.
Anticipated Opening Day events:.
• Members-elect take the oath of office.
• Election of speaker of the House.
• Election of chief clerk of the House.
• Election of other officers of the House.
• Adoption of Temporary Rules of the House.