STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on March 23, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Demuth moved that the minutes of March 22, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2128 (Liebling) Health care, human services, and licensing and background study provisions modified; health and human services budget established; technical and conforming changes made; money transferred; and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling moved that HF2128 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Chair Liebling moved the A21-0107 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Chair Liebling presented her bill as amended.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) gave an overview of the articles of the bill pertaining to DHS.
1. Article 1: Ann Bobst, Director of Legislative and External Affairs, Health Care Administration, DHS
2. Article 2: Kulani Moti, Inspector General, DHS
3. Article 3: Ann Bobst, Director of Legislative and External Affairs, Health Care Administration, DHS
Testifying on Article 1 – Health Care:
1. Mary Krinkie, Vice President, Government Relations, Minnesota Hospital Association
2. Dr. Sarah Derr, Executive Director, Minnesota Pharmacy Alliance
3. Coral Ripplinger, Public Health Supervisor, Dakota County Public Health
Diogo Reis, Policy and Rates Manager, and Chad Hope, Director, Purchasing and Services Delivery, both from DHS, responded to member questions.
Testifying on Article 2 – Background Studies:
1. Idil Abdull, Autism Advocate
Testifying on Article 3 – Blue Ribbon Commission Recommendations:
1. Phil Stalboerger, Vice President of Public Affairs, Medical Transportation Management, Inc. (MTM)
2. Brent Custard, Metro Operations Director, North Memorial Ambulance
3. Rosie Anderson, Director of Revenue Cycle, North Memorial Ambulance
4. Jeff Nustad, President, Lakes Medi-Van Inc.
5. Scott Isaacson, Owner, Lifts Transportation
6. Buck McAlpin, Minnesota Ambulance Association
7. Jan Roers. Owner, Peoples Express
8. David Jordal, Special Transportation Manager, Allina Health
9. Mary Krinkie, Vice President, Government Relations, Minnesota Hospital Association
10. Dr. Sheila Riggs, Chair, Dental Services Advisory Committee, DHS
11. Kate Tonjum, Chief Operating Officer, Southern Heights Dental
12. Erianna Reyelts, Assistant Director, Children’s Dental Services
Chair Liebling laid over HF2128, as amended, for future consideration.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:30 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant