STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-THIRD MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 1:00 P.M. on March 22, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Huot moved that the minutes of March 19, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2113 (Morrison) COVID-19; vaccine distribution requirements established, equitable vaccine distribution provided, and data reporting and provision required.
Representative Morrison moved that HF2113 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Morrison moved the H2113A1 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Morrison and Representative J. Xiong presented HF2113.
1. Jan Malcolm, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
2. Dr. Nathan Chomilo, Medical Director for Medicaid, MDH
3. Dr. Hannah Lichtsinn, Board Member, American Academy of Pediatrics – Minnesota Chapter
4. Ellen Armendáriz Stumbo, Parent Advocate
5. Nikki Villavicencio, Disability Rights Advocate
6. Dr Eduardo Medina, Minnesota Immigrant Health Alliance and Frente de Acción Latinos en Minnesota
7. Bryce Maples, Board Member, Our Stories Our Health
8. Maren Hulden, Attorney, Legal Aid/Disability Law Center
9. KaYing Yang, Director of Programs, Coalition of Asian American Leaders
10. Mónica María Hurtado, Racial Justice and Health Equity Organizer, Voices for Racial Justice
11. Imam Asad Zaman, Executive Director, Minnesota Muslim American Society
12. Vayong Moua Director of Racial and Health Equity Advocacy, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
13. Jaime Martinez, Co-Chair of Health Equity Committee, Minnesota Public Health Association
14. Dr. Alex Harsha Bangura, Family Medicine Physician
Chair Liebling laid over HF2113, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF669 (Morrison) Timely provider credentialing by health plan company requirements established.
Representative Morrison moved that HF669 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Morrison presented her bill.
1. Brenda Reinhardt, Business Office Manager, VitreoRetinal Surgery, MMGMA Member
Chair Liebling laid over HF669 for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF2138 (Hassan) Health, safety, and community engagement program funding provided; and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling moved that HF2138 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Gomez presented the bill.
1. Margarita Ortega, Senior Executive Assistant, Little Earth Resident Association
2. Joe Beaulieu, Executive Director, Little Earth Resident Association
Chair Liebling laid over HF2138 for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:24 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant