STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-SECOND MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on March 19, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Bierman moved that the minutes of March 17, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Governor Walz's DHS Supplemental Budget Presentation.
1. Jodi Harpstead, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)
2. Kulani Moti, Inspector General, DHS
3. Matt Anderson, Assistant Commissioner for Health Care, DHS
4. Matt Burdick, Legislative Director, Health Care and Behavioral Health, DHS
5. Margaret Kelly, Deputy Commissioner/Chief Operating Officer, DHS
6. Joshua Bunker, Chief Financial Officer, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Dave Greeman, Budget Director, DHS, responded to member questions.
HF2056 (Howard) Prescription drug and medical supplies co-payment for chronic disease treatment limited.
Chair Liebling moved that HF2056 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Howard presented his bill.
1. Lija Greenseid, Advocate
2. Dan Endreson, Senior Director, Government Affairs, Council on Health Plans
Chair Liebling laid over HF2056 for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF2324 (Liebling) Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board operation funding provided, and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling moved that HF2324 be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Chair Liebling presented her bill.
Chair Liebling renewed her motion that HF2324 be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Chair Liebling stated there would be a roll call vote. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 17 AYES and 0 NAYS THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF81 (Quam) Establish pharmacogenomics (PGx) task force, report required, and money appropriated.
Representative Quam moved that HF81 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Quam moved the A21-0112 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Quam presented his bill.
1. Dr. Pamala Jacobson, Professor, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota
2. Dr. David Gregornik, Pharmacogenomics Program Director, Children's Hospital Minnesota
3) Dr. Jeffrey Bishop, Associate Professor, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota
4) Dr. Cody Wiberg, Executive Director, Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
Chair Liebling laid over HF81, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:29 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant