STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-FIRST MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on March 17, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Huot moved that the minutes of March 12, 2021, March 15, 2021 and March 16, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF1200 (Richardson) Second Engrossment Paid family, pregnancy, bonding, and applicant's serious medical condition benefits provided; employment leaves regulated and required; data classified; rulemaking authorized; and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling moved that HF1200, Second Engrossment, be recommended to pass and re-referred to the Committee on Judiciary Finance and Civil Law.
Representative Richardson presented her bill.
1. Jan Malcolm, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health
2. Debra Fitzpatrick, Policy and Legislative Affairs Director, Children's Defense Fund-Minnesota
3. Dr. Hannah Lichtsinn, Board Member, American Academy of Pediatrics – Minnesota Chapter
4. Dr. Rod Christensen, Retired Family Physician, Representing ISAIAH Minnesota
5. Shannon Berns, Owner, Du Nord Consulting
Chair Liebling renewed her motion that HF1200, Second Engrossment, be recommended to pass and re-referred to the Committee on Judiciary Finance and Civil Law.
Chair Liebling stated there would be a roll call vote. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 11 AYES and 7 NAYS THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Governor Walz Budget Presentation (Continued from March 16, 2021): Matt Anderson, Assistant Commissioner for Health Care Administration, Minnesota Department of Human Services.
1) Asset Limits for Medicare Savings Program
2) Realigning MinnesotaCare Statute for Federal Requirements
3) Modify the Window for Information Gathering for Inpatient Rate Setting
4) Updating Rate Methodology for Outpatient Hospital Services
The meeting was adjourned at 4:10 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant