STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-SECOND MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on February 10th, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Acomb moved that the minutes of February 3rd, 2022, and February 8th, 2022, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Presenting on transmission challenges:
• David Niles, director of finance and accounting, Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
• Betsy Engelking, VP of Policy and Strategy, National Grid Renewables
• Joe Sullivan, Commissioner, MN Public Utilities Commission
Presenting on transmission solutions:
• Brian Tulloh, External Affairs, Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO)
• Aubrey Johnson, Systems Planning, MISO
• Priti Patel, Chief Transmission Officer, Great River Energy
• Michael Lamb, Senior VP for Transmission, Xcel Energy
Presenting on transmission legislative options:
• Kevin Pranis, Campaign Director, LIUNA
• Rep. Zack Stephenson
• Beth Soholt, Executive Director, Clean Grid Alliance
• Michael B Jacobs, Senior Energy Analyst, Union of Concerned Scientists
The meeting was adjourned at 12:01 PM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant