STATE OF MINNESOTA SECOND MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on January 14th, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Presentations were made on climate solutions being pursued in Minnesota
• Amelia Cerling Hennes, Communication and Public Affairs, Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
• Robert Blake, Executive Director Native Sun
• Jon Brekke, V.P. and Chief Power Supply Officer, Great River Energy
• David Mortenson, Chairman, Mortenson Company
• Kevin Pranis, Manager, Laborers’ International Union of North American
• Andy Snope, Legislative and Political Director, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
• Dayna Burtness, Nettle Valley Farm and Solar United Member
• Sachi Graber, Climate Policy Associate at The Nature Conservancy
• Shannon Mortenson, City Administrator, Warren Minnesota
• Matt Rohn – Northfield ISAIAH Leader
• Amy Fredregill, Director, Sustainable Growth Coalition, Environmental Initiative
• Dr. Gayle Schueller Chief Sustainability Officer, 3M
• Emilio Tenuta, Vice-President, Corporate Sustainability, Ecolab
• Greg Downing, Cargill, Sustainability Lead on Climate
The meeting was adjourned at 12:06 PM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant