STATE OF MINNESOTA FIFTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
GREATER MINNESOTA JOBS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FINANCE DIVISION MINUTES
Representative Gene Pelowski, Chair of the Committee on Greater Minnesota Jobs and Economic Development Finance Division, called the meeting to order at 12:45 PM on February 26, 2020, in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Pelowski, Gene, Chair
Lien, Ben, Vice Chair
Anderson, Paul, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Lien moved that the minutes of February 24, 2020, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Ecklund presented HF 3029, a bill for an act relating to telecommunications; providing an annual statutory appropriation for the broadband development grant program; appropriating money; amending Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 116J.396, subdivision 3.
Testifying on HF 3029:
• Angie Dickison, Broadband Development Manager, Office of Broadband
• Diane Wells, Telecommunications Manager, Office of Broadband
• Bill Eckles, President, BEVCOMM
• Terry Nelson, General Manager, Woodstock Communications
• Vince Robinson, Owner and President, Development Services Incorporated
• Mark Thell, Carlton County President, Minnesota Farmers Union; Commissioner, Carlton County
• Dan Larson, Executive Director, Minnesota Rural Counties
• Brent Christensen, President and CEO, Minnesota Telecom Alliance
The meeting was adjourned at 1:59 PM.
Representative Gene Pelowski, Chair
Tara Schaefle, Committee Legislative Assistant