STATE OF MINNESOTA TENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
GREATER MINNESOTA JOBS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FINANCE DIVISION MINUTES
Representative Gene Pelowski, Chair of the Committee on Greater Minnesota Jobs and Economic Development Finance Division, called the meeting to order at 12:45 PM on March 11, 2019, in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Pelowski, Gene, Chair
Lien, Ben, Vice Chair
Anderson, Paul, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Chair Pelowski moved that HF 7 be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Representative Ecklund presented HF 7, a bill for an act relating to telecommunications; appropriating money to the broadband grant program.
Representative Layman moved that the H0007A1 amendment be adopted.
Representative Layman presented the H0007A1 amendment.
Representative Layman requested a roll call vote for the H0007A1 amendment.
There being 10 ayes, 2 nays, and 3 absent, THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Testifying on HF 7:
• Steve Grove, Commissioner, Department of Employment and Economic Development
• Danna MacKenzie, Executive Director, Department of Employment and Economic Development
• Vince Robinson, Minnesota Rural Broadband Coalition
• Monty Morrow, Nuvera Communications and Minnesota Telecom Alliance
• John Werner, Mayor, City of Rice Lake
• Suzanne Herstad, City Council, City of Rice Lake
• Daniel Lightfoot, League of Minnesota Cities
• Bruce Miller, Minnesota Farmers Union
• John Dukich, Minnesota High Tech Association
• Steve Fenske, Minnesota Association of Townships
Chair Pelowski renewed the motion that HF 7 as amended be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Chair Pelowski moved that the minutes from February 13, 2019, be reconsidered for correction.
Vice Chair Lien moved that the minutes of February 13, 2019 as corrected, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Vice Chair Lien moved that the minutes of February 27, 2019, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Vice Chair Lien moved that the minutes of March 6, 2019, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:07 PM.
Representative Gene Pelowski, Chair
Tara Schaefle, Committee Legislative Assistant