STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Moran, Chair of the Health and Human Services Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 2:35 PM on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
MORAN, Rena, Chair
MORRISON, Kelly, Vice Chair
KIEL, Debra, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Frieberg moved to adopt the minutes from Wednesday, February 19, 2020. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Morrison assumed the gavel at 2:37 PM.
Chair Moran moved that HF 3072 be recommended for re-referral to the Transportation Finance and Policy Division.
Chair Moran moved the A1-1 amendment.
Chair Moran presented on her bill.
HF 3072 Testifiers:
• Molly Moilanen, Vice President, ClearWay Minnesota; Co-Chair, Minnesotans for a Smoke-Free Generation
• Dave Bohac, PE, MSE, Director of Research, Center for Energy and the Environment
• Jack Stephan
Pat McKone, Senior Director of Health Promotions, American Lung Association in Minnesota
Chair Moran renewed her motion that HF 3072, as amended, be recommended for re-referral to the Transportation Finance and Policy Division. THE MOTIONED PREVAILED.
Chair Moran assumed the gavel at 2:53 PM.
The Chair moved that HF 3032 be recommended for re-referral to the Committee on Commerce.
The Chair moved the A-1 amendment.
Representative Halverson presented on her bill.
HF 3032 Testifiers:
• LaTrisha Vetaw, Health Policy and Advocacy Manager, NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center
• Britney Meza, Gabriela Jacobs, Diane Cruz Mejia, Brandon Hanson, Robert Hanson – Anglos Latinos Motivated to Succeed, Henry Sibley High School
• Dr. Lori DeFrance, MD, FAAP, Pediatrics – Minnesota Chapter
• Dr. Mark Steffen, MD, Director of the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota; Medical Oncologist; Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology in the Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
• Douglas Yee, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
• Laura Oliven, Tobacco Control Program Manager, Department of Health
• Guy Bentley, Reason Foundation
• Josh Hassing, General Manager, Vaping Studio
• Lance Klatt, Executive Director, Minnesota Service Station and Convenience Store Association
• Madalena Morgan, Bobby and Steve’s
• Nathan Affield, Smokeless Smoking
• Sue Sindt, President Midwest Vapor Coalition
• Kelly Danielson, American Cancer Network
• Ashley Olson, Marketing Manager, Pure X-Hale
• Nicholas Phelps, Ohm, Premier Vaping
• Leah Vukmir, Vice President of State Affairs, National Taxpayers Union
HF 3032 was laid on the table for future consideration.
The meeting adjourned at 4:09 PM.
Representative Rena Moran, Chair
Jasmyn DiMeglio, Committee Legislative Assistant