STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EIGHTY-EIGHTH SESSION
COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION FINANCE
Chair, Representative Frank Hornstein
Representative Hornstein, Chair of the Committee on Transportation Finance, called the meeting to order at 10:04 AM on April 10, 2013 in Room 5 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Bernardy, Vice Chair
A quorum was present.
Rep. Hamilton moved approval of the Minutes of April 4, 2013. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF811 (Persell) Aircraft sales tax, jet and special fuel excise tax, and aircraft registration tax provisions modified.
Chair Hornstein moved HF811 be recommended to pass and re-referred to the House Committee on Rules.
Chair Hornstein moved the H0811DE1
amendment be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Testifying on behalf of HF811:
• Rep. Persell, Bill Author
• Gordon Hoff, Executive Director of the MN Business Aviation Association
• Shaun Germolus, Chairman of the MN Council of Airports
• Glenn Burke, Airport Manager at Fleming Field
• Bill King, Vice President of Business Administration for Cirrus Aircraft
• Harold M. Van Leeuwen, Jr., Airport Manager at the Bemidji Regional Airport
• Jeff Davidman, Director of Government Affairs for Delta Airlines
Chair Erhardt assumed the gavel at 10:50 AM.
• Jay Hietpas, Acting Office Director for MnDOT’s Aeronautics Office
Chair Erhardt renewed the motion that HF811, as amended, be recommended to pass and re-referred to the House Committee on Rules. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:54 AM.
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair
Rachel K. Nelson, Committee Legislative Assistant