STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-SEVENTH/JOINT MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EIGHTY-EIGHTH SESSION
JOINT HEARING: HOUSE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION FINANCE AND SENATE TRANSPORTATION AND PUBLIC SAFETY FINANCE DIVISION
Chair, Representative Frank Hornstein
Chair, Senator D. Scott Dibble
Representative Hornstein, Chair of the House Committee on Transportation Finance, called the meeting to order at 10:07 AM on February 10, 2014 in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Members present from the House:
Bernardy, Vice Chair
Members excused from the House:
Members present from the Senate:
Pederson, J., Lead
Members excused from the Senate:
A quorum was present.
Infrastructure Report Card
• Brian Palasch, American Society of Engineers
Status of Federal Highway Trust Fund
• Derrell Turner, Minnesota Division Administrator, USDOT
MNDOT Presentation on Successes of 2008 Transportation Bill and Challenges Meeting Growing Needs
• Commissioner Charlie Zelle, Department of Transportation
Transportation Funding has Fueled Minnesota’s Economic Recovery
• Mayor Brad Tabke, City of Shokopee
• Cynthia Pic, Transportation Program Director, TriValley Opportunity Council, Inc.
• Councilmember Russ Stark, City of St. Paul
• Chris Ferguson, Chair of the Business Resources Collaborative
• Janelle Waldock, Director of Public Policy and Community Initiatives, Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN
• Gary Sjoquist, Quality Bicycle Products
Missed Opportunities without New Funding
• Audra Shaneman, President and CEO, New Ulm Chamber of Commerce
• Aaron Lembrecht, Shelter Products, Inc.
• Councilmember Suzanne Sandahl, City of Richfield and Chair, I-35W Solutions Alliance
• Councilmember Gary Hansen, City of Eagan and Chair of the Suburban Transit Association
• Michael Meyers, Chair, Gateway Corridor Community Action Committee
• Dorian Grilley, Executive Director, Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota
• Russell Hess, Political Coordinator, Laborers District Council of MN & ND
• Jennifer Munt, Public Affairs Director, AFSCME Council 5
• Bob Carney, Jr.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:09 PM.
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair
Rachel K. Nelson, Committee Legislative Assistant