.................... moves to amend H.F. No. 1975 as follows:
Page 2, after line 20 insert:
"Section 1. Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 16C.08, subdivision 4, is amended to read:
Subd. 4. Reports.
(a) The commissioner shall submit to the governor, the chairs and
ranking minority members of the house of representatives Ways and Means and senate
Finance Committees, and the Legislative Reference Library a yearly listing of all contracts
for professional or technical services executed. The report must identify the contractor,
contract amount, duration, and services to be provided. The commissioner shall also issue
yearly reports summarizing the contract review activities of the department by fiscal year.
(b) The fiscal year report must be submitted by September 1 of each year and must:
(1) be sorted by agency and by contractor;
(2) show the aggregate value of contracts issued by each agency and issued to each
(3) distinguish between contracts that are being issued for the first time and contracts
that are being extended;
(4) state the termination date of each contract;
(5) identify services by commodity code, including topics such as contracts for
training, contracts for research and opinions, and contracts for computer systems; and
(6) identify which contracts were awarded without following the solicitation process
in this chapter because it was determined that there was only a single source for the
(c) Within 30 days of final completion of a contract over $25,000 covered by this
subdivision, the head of the agency entering into the contract must submit a report to the
commissioner who must make the report publicly available online and submit a copy to
the Legislative Reference Library. The report must:
(1) summarize the purpose of the contract, including why it was necessary to enter
into a contract;
(2) state the amount spent on the contract;
(3) if the contract was awarded without following the solicitation process in this
chapter because it was determined that there was only a single source for the services,
explain why the agency determined there was only a single source for the services;
(4) specify the extent to which work under the contract was performed in Minnesota,
2.6was performed in the United States but outside Minnesota, or was performed outside the
2.7United States; and
include a written performance evaluation of the work done under the contract.
The evaluation must include an appraisal of the contractor's timeliness, quality, cost, and
overall performance in meeting the terms and objectives of the contract. Contractors may
request copies of evaluations prepared under this subdivision and may respond in writing.
Contractor responses must be maintained with the contract file."
Page 3, after line 16 insert:
"Sec. 2. [16C.175] RESPONSE TO DISCLOSE WHERE WORK WILL BE
2.16A response from a vendor in regard to a solicitation for a contract for professional or
2.17technical services or nonprofessional or nontechnical services must disclose the extent to
2.18which the vendor anticipates that work under the contract will be performed in Minnesota,
2.19in the United States but outside Minnesota, or outside the United States.