.................... moves to amend H.F. No. 895 as follows:
Page 2, delete section 3, and insert:
"Sec. 3. Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 72A.491, is amended by adding a subdivision
1.5 Subd. 20a. Signed. "Signed" means a written signature or an electronic signature as
1.6defined in section 325L.02, paragraph (h).
Sec. 4. Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 72A.501, subdivision 1, is amended to read:
Subdivision 1. Requirement; content.
An authorization used by an insurer,
insurance-support organization, or insurance agent to disclose or collect personal or
must be in writing and must meet the following requirements is
1.11valid if it
in plain language;
(2) is dated;
(3) specifies the types of persons authorized to disclose information about the person;
(4) specifies the nature of the information authorized to be disclosed;
(5) names the insurer or insurance agent and identifies by generic reference
representatives of the insurer to whom the person is authorizing information to be
(6) specifies the purposes for which the information is collected; and
(7) specifies the length of time the authorization remains valid.
If the insurer, insurance-support organization, or insurance agent determines to disclose or
collect a kind of information not specified in a previous authorization, a new authorization
specifying that kind of information must be obtained.
Sec. 5. Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 72A.501, is amended by adding a subdivision
2.1 Subd. 5. Verbal authorization in lieu of signed authorization. For purposes of
2.2this section, verbal authorization may be given in lieu of a signed authorization, provided
2.3that an electronic record of the verbal authorization is retained in compliance with section
Renumber the sections in sequence and correct the internal references
Amend the title accordingly