.................... moves to amend H.F. No. 3109, the first engrossment, as follows:
Page 1, line 24, before "installation
" insert "permanent
Page 2, line 26, after the period, insert "A local government may limit the number of
1.4qualifying real properties for which a property owner may receive program financing.
Page 2, delete line 33, and insert "(3) require the inspection of all installations and
1.6performance verification of at least ten percent of the energy improvements
Page 3, line 1, delete "efficiency
Page 3, line 2, delete "applicant receiving
" and insert "applicant's repayment of
Page 3, line 3, delete "renewable energy system
" and insert "energy improvements
Page 3, line 4, delete "work
" and insert "energy improvements
" and delete "done
and insert "performed
Page 3, line 9, delete "has a
Page 3, line 10, delete "negative equity or
Page 3, after line 16, insert
"Subd. 3. Retail and end use prohibited. Energy generated by an energy
1.16improvement may not be sold, transmitted, or distributed at retail and may not be provided
1.17for end use from an off-site facility of an electrical energy generator. On-site generation is
1.18allowed to the extent provided for in section 216B.1611.
1.19This section does not modify the exclusive service territories or exclusive right to as
1.20provided in sections 216B.37 to 216B.43.
Renumber the subdivisions in section 2 in sequence
Page 4, line 7, delete "4
" and insert "6
Page 4, after line 13, insert
"Sec. 3. Minnesota Statutes 2008, section 429.021, subdivision 1, is amended to read:
Subdivision 1. Improvements authorized.
The council of a municipality shall have
power to make the following improvements:
(1) To acquire, open, and widen any street, and to improve the same by constructing,
reconstructing, and maintaining sidewalks, pavement, gutters, curbs, and vehicle parking
strips of any material, or by grading, graveling, oiling, or otherwise improving the same,
including the beautification thereof and including storm sewers or other street drainage
and connections from sewer, water, or similar mains to curb lines.
(2) To acquire, develop, construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain storm and
sanitary sewers and systems, including outlets, holding areas and ponds, treatment plants,
pumps, lift stations, service connections, and other appurtenances of a sewer system,
within and without the corporate limits.
(3) To construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain steam heating mains.
(4) To install, replace, extend, and maintain street lights and street lighting systems
and special lighting systems.
(5) To acquire, improve, construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain water works
systems, including mains, valves, hydrants, service connections, wells, pumps, reservoirs,
tanks, treatment plants, and other appurtenances of a water works system, within and
without the corporate limits.
(6) To acquire, improve and equip parks, open space areas, playgrounds, and
recreational facilities within or without the corporate limits.
(7) To plant trees on streets and provide for their trimming, care, and removal.
(8) To abate nuisances and to drain swamps, marshes, and ponds on public or private
property and to fill the same.
(9) To construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain dikes and other flood control
(10) To construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain retaining walls and area walls.
(11) To acquire, construct, reconstruct, improve, alter, extend, operate, maintain, and
promote a pedestrian skyway system. Such improvement may be made upon a petition
pursuant to section
429.031, subdivision 3
(12) To acquire, construct, reconstruct, extend, operate, maintain, and promote
underground pedestrian concourses.
(13) To acquire, construct, improve, alter, extend, operate, maintain, and promote
public malls, plazas or courtyards.
(14) To construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain district heating systems.
(15) To construct, reconstruct, alter, extend, operate, maintain, and promote fire
protection systems in existing buildings, but only upon a petition pursuant to section
2.35429.031, subdivision 3
(16) To acquire, construct, reconstruct, improve, alter, extend, and maintain highway
(17) To improve, construct, reconstruct, extend, and maintain gas and electric
distribution facilities owned by a municipal gas or electric utility.
(18) To purchase, install, and maintain signs, posts, and other markers for addressing
related to the operation of enhanced 911 telephone service.
(19) To improve, construct, extend, and maintain facilities for Internet access and
other communications purposes, if the council finds that:
(i) the facilities are necessary to make available Internet access or other
communications services that are not and will not be available through other providers or
the private market in the reasonably foreseeable future;
(ii) the service to be provided by the facilities will not compete with service provided
by private entities.
(20) To assess affected property owners for all or a portion of the costs agreed to
with an electric utility, telecommunications carrier, or cable system operator to bury or
alter a new or existing distribution system within the public right-of-way that exceeds the
utility's design and construction standards, or those set by law, tariff, or franchise, but only
upon petition under section
429.031, subdivision 3
3.19(21) To assess affected property owners for repayment of voluntary energy
3.20improvement financings under section 216C.436, subdivision 6.
3.21EFFECTIVE DATE.This section is effective the day following final enactment.
Renumber the sections in sequence and correct the internal references
Amend the title accordingly