Rep. Carlos Mariani
THE MINNESOTA POLICE ACCOUNTABILITY PACKAGE HEARING AGENDA:
I. Call to Order
II. HF XXX (Mariani) The Reclaiming Community Oversight Act:
• Choke Hold Ban (Moran)
• Warrior Training Prohibited (Richardson)
• Police Residency Reform (Hassan)
• Duty to Intercede (Becker-Finn)
• Retroactive Repeal of Statutes of Limitations (Vang)
• Data Practices Modifications for Peace Officers (Her)
• Arbitration Reform (Her)
• Law Enforcement Oversight Council Reform (Gomez)
• Data Collection and Regulatory Reform/etc. (Mariani)
III. HF XXX (Mariani) The Reforming Accountability Act:
• Use of Force Reform (Moran)
• Investigatory Reform (Mariani)
• Prosecutorial Reform (Becker-Finn)
• Cash Bail (Noor)
IV. HF XXX (Mariani) The Re-imagining Public Safety Act:
• Community Led Public Safety (Gomez)
• Police Officer Critical Incident Review (Kunesh-Podein)
• Public Safety Peer Counseling Debriefing (Noor)
• Mental Health Training (Richardson)
• Autism Training (Richardson)
• Restore the Vote (Moran)
THE MINNESOTA POLICE ACCOUNTABILITY PACKAGE HEARING SCHEDULE:
• [10:00 AM – 10:15 PM] Call to Order and Introductory Remarks
• [10:15 AM – 10:45 AM] The Reclaiming Community Oversight Act Presentation
• [10:45 AM – 11:45 AM] The Reclaiming Community Oversight Act Public Testimony
• [11:45 AM – 12:15 PM] The Reclaiming Community Oversight Act Public Member Questions
• [12:15 PM – 12:45 PM] The Reforming Police Accountability Act Presentation
• [12:45 PM – 1:45 PM] The Reforming Police Accountability Act Public Testimony
• [1:45 PM – 2:15 PM] The Reforming Police Accountability Act Public Member Questions
• [2:15 PM – 2:45 PM] The Reimagining Public Safety Act Presentation
• [2:45 PM – 3:45 PM] The Reimagining Public Safety Act Public Testimony
• [3:45 PM – 4:15 PM] The Reimagining Public Safety Act Public Member Questions
• [4:15 PM – 4:30 PM] Closing Remarks and Adjournment
PUBLIC TESTIMONY INFORMATION:
• Members of the public with questions about this process or who are interested in testifying at this meeting may email committee staff at Jason.Chavez@house.mn
• PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR NAME, ORGANIZATION, AND BILL YOUR LOOKING TO TESTIFY FOR [LOOK AT SCHEDULE FIRST].
• If you wish to testify, please contact committee staff at least one hour prior to the start of the remote hearing and they will provide instructions.
• Public Testimony will be taken at the end of the presentation, as is custom with in person hearings.
• If you have questions about the accessibility of remote hearings or require assistance to arrange the necessary service to participate as a testifier, please contact Jason Chavez by emailing him at Jason.Chavez@house.mn
or by leaving a message at 651-269-9676.
REMOTE HEARING LIVESTREAM INFORMATION:
• Live stream via House website: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/live/1
• Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/MNHouseInfo/
ADDITIONAL HEARING INFORMATION:
• *This hearing is scheduled to be held from 10AM – 4:30PM.
• *This meeting will be held in accordance with House Rule 10.01 which you may view here: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/rules/permrule/1001.htm
• *Votes on Amendments and Bills will NOT be taken during this Committee Hearing.
• *Votes on Amendments and Bills will be taken during a Committee Hearing on Monday. No Testimony will be taken at that time.
• *Per Committee Rule #7, Amendments to these Packages will be due by Noon on Sunday, June 14th.
• *Per Committee Rule #7, Amendments to Amendments to these Packages will be due at 5 PM on Sunday, June 14th.