Rep. Carlos Mariani
Mitchell Hamline Law School Auditorium, 875 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul
Joint informational hearing of the Judiciary and Public Safety Committees: Race and the Law: How We Can Improve Equity in the Criminal Justice System.
Hearing will run from 5 pm-7 pm, followed by a reception.
Location: Mitchell Hamline School of Law Auditorium, 875 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul
1. Call to Order
2. Victims Issues & Race: Artika Roller, MNCASA, Executive Director
3. Policing Issues & Race: Dr. Tracie Keesee, Center for Policing Equity, Vice President of Law Enforcement and Social Justice Initiatives
4. Questions and Conversation
5. Pretrial & Trial Issues & Race: Perry L. Moriearty, Associate Professor, University of Minnesota Law School & Judge Tanya Bransford, Hennepin County District Court
6. Post-Conviction Issues & Race: Rob Stewart, Minnesota Justice Research Center, Executive Director
7. Questions and Conversation
*Reception with light food and refreshments to follow.
*Recommended readings linked below and attached.
*Presenter materials will be attached as received
**Please note, this is a joint informational hearing with members of the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Division and Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Committee. No official committee action will take place
***Public comment will not be taken
For questions related to this hearing, please contact Committee Administrator, Jamaael Lundy, Jamael.Lundy@house.mn