STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FIFTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE
Representative Rena Moran, Chair of the Committee, called the remote Ways and Means Committee meeting to order at 10:30 A.M. on Monday, February 7, 2022, pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was conducted over Zoom and broadcast via House Public Information Services and Facebook Live.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
MORAN, Rena (Chair)
OLSON, Liz (Vice Chair)
GAROFALO, Pat (GOP Lead)
PELOWSKI, Gene Jr.
A quorum was present.
Representative Olson moved to adopt the minutes from Sunday, June 27, 2021. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Olson moved to adopt the minutes from Thursday, December 16, 2021. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Liz Olson, Vice Chair of the Committee, assumed the gavel at 10:36 A.M.
Presentation on Implementation of Recommendations from the House Select Committee on Racial Justice
• Chair Rena Moran
• Dr. Bruce Corrie, PhD, Concordia University St. Paul
• Kizzy Downie, CEO, Model Cities of St. Paul
• Gauri Sood, High School Senior from Rochester, MN
• Ponny White, Young Women’s Cabinet Member
• J’Mag Karbeah, MPH, PhD Candidate, University of Minnesota
• Dr. Bravada Garret-Akinsanya, PhD, LP
• Justin Terrell, Executive Director, Minnesota Justice Research Center
• Elizer Darrius, Co-Executive Director, Minnesota Freedom Fund
The meeting adjourned at 12:00 P.M.
Representative Rena Moran, Chair
Laura Sparkman, Committee Legislative Assistant