STATE OF MINNESOTA FORTY-SIXTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on February 15, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Bahner moved that the minutes of February 14, 2022 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF3162 (Freiberg) Tribal medical cannabis program operation provided, Tribal patient dual registration established, medical cannabis transportation by manufacturers registered with Tribal medical cannabis programs provided, medical cannabis Tribal compacts authorized, and reports required.
Representative Freiberg moved that HF3162 be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Judiciary Finance and Policy.
Representative Freiberg moved the H3162A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Freiberg presented his bill, as amended.
1. Michael Fairbanks, Chairman, White Earth Nation
2. Darrell Seki, Chairman, Red Lake Nation
3. Lenny Fineday, Government Relations Attorney, White Earth Nation
Joe Plumer, Legal Counsel, Red Lake Nation, responded to member questions.
Representative Freiberg renewed his motion that HF3162, as amended, be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Judiciary Finance and Policy.
Chair Liebling stated there would be a roll call vote. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 14 AYES and 5 NAYS THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF3242 (Olson) Hospital core staffing plans required, hospital staffing studies required, and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling moved that HF3242 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Chair Liebling moved the H3242A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Olson presented her bill as amended.
1. Mary Turner, MNA President and RN at North Memorial Healthcare
2. Tess Schlicksup, RN at M Health Fairview, Southdale
3. Calli Pettigrew, RN at Children’s Hospital, St. Paul
4. Priyanka Roy, RN at M Health Fairview, Riverside Campus
5. Carrie Mortrud, MNA Nurse Staffing Specialist
6. Margaret Kalina, Director of Patient Services & CNO at Douglas County Hospital, Alomere Health, Alexandria, MN
7. Sharon Schneller, CNO at Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester, MN
8. Andy Cochrane, Chief Hospital Officer, North Memorial Health, Robbinsdale, MN
9. Kelly Hagen, VP of Nursing & Clinical Services, Sanford Bemidji Medical Center and Clinics
10. Mary Krinkie, VP of Government Relations, Minnesota Hospital Association
Chair Liebling laid over HF3242, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:34 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant