STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on April 7, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Bahner moved that the minutes of April 6, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2128 (Liebling) Health care, human services, and licensing and background study provisions modified; health and human services budget established; technical and conforming changes made; money transferred; and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling moved that HF2128 be heard and laid over for further discussion.
Chair Liebling moved the H2128DE1 amendment.
HCMC Direct Payments, Article 1:
1. Jennifer DeCubellis, Chief Executive Officer, Hennepin Healthcare
Integrated Care for High-Risk Women, Article 1:
1. Dominic McQuerry, Director, Public Policy and Community Relations, Wilder Foundation
2. Dr. Siri Fiebiger, Obstetrician/Gynecologist and Fellow at American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Public Option, Article 1:
1. Kenza Hadj-Moussa, Director of Public Affairs, TakeAction Minnesota
2. Bentley Graves, Director, Health Care and Transportation Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
3. Aleta Borrud, Policy Program Organizer-Healthcare, Land Stewardship Project
4. Kevin Brown, Owner, Smart Set and Advisory Board Member, Main Street Alliance
Rx Carve-Out, Article 1:
1. Dr. Sarah Derr, Executive Director, Minnesota Pharmacists Association
2. Mary Krinkie, Vice President, Government Relations, Minnesota Hospital Association
3. Joel Ulland, Associate Vice President of Public Affairs Officer, UCare also representing the Minnesota Council of Health Plans
1. Danielle Robertshaw, Medical Director, Hennepin Healthcare for the Homeless
Durable Medical Equipment, Article 1:
1. Rose Schafhauser, Executive Director, Midwest Association for Medical Equipment Services and Supplies
2. Myrna Kay Peterson, Member, Governor’s Council on Disabilities
3. Christine Langteau, Advocate
4. Nathan Mayer, Advocate
5. Anne St. Martin, Advocate
Dental, Article 1:
1. Jeanne Larson, Director, Northern Dental Access Center, representing the Minnesota Oral Health Alliance
2. Karen Kleinhans, Chief Executive Officer, Community Dental Care
3. Dr. Keith Mays, Interim Dean, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
4. Dr. Michael Helgeson, Chief Executive Officer, Apple Tree Dental, representing Dental Access Partners
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation, Article 1:
1. Waleed Sonbol, Owner, Blue and White Taxi
Hospital Bed Moratorium, Article 3:
1. Megan Remark, President, Regions Hospital
2. Sue Abderholden, Executive Director, National Alliance on Mental Illness Minnesota
3. Asfia Qaadir, Clinical Director, PrairieCare-Maplewood
Home Visiting: Article 3:
1. Natletha Gorpu Sumo, Outreach Coordinator, Children’s Defense Fund-Minnesota
Prescription Drugs, Article 5:
1. Dave Renner, Director of Advocacy, Minnesota Medical Association, also representing the Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians and the Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The MMA also provides legislative work for the Minnesota Orthopaedic Society, the Minnesota Academy of Otolaryngology and the Minnesota Chapter of the American College of Physicians
2. Dan Endreson, Senior Director of Policy and Government Affairs, Minnesota Council of Health Plans
3. Matt Schafer, Director of Government Relations, Medica
4. Michelle Mack, Director of State Affairs, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
5 Alex Sommer, Principal Government Affairs Lobbyist, Prime Therapeutics
Telehealth, Article 7:
1. Lin Nelson, Director of Legislative Affairs, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
2. Dan Dwight, Health Policy Director, Minnesota Business Partnership
3. Sheila Kiscaden, County Commissioner, Olmsted County, representing the Association of Minnesota Counties, the Minnesota Inter-County Association, the Local Public Health Association and the Minnesota Association of County Social Services Administrators
Local Public Health Funding: Article 7:
1. Kari Oldfield, Executive Director, Local Public Health Association
Chair Liebling laid over HF2128 and H2128DE1 for further consideration.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:40 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant