STATE OF MINNESOTA FIRST MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on January 12th, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Presentations were made on how a changing climate is impacting Minnesotans
• Jothsna Harris, Community Engagement Director, Climate Generation
• Dr. Laalitha Surapaneini, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Medical School & Health Professionals for a Healthy Climate
• John Lenczewski, Minnesota Trout Unlimited
• Craig Sterle, Isaak Walton League
• Tom Cotter, LSP Soil Health Committee Member, Mower County Crop and Livestock Farmer
• Kathy Draeger, Farmer and Minnesota Farmers Union Member
• Mindy Granley, Sustainability Officer, City of Duluth
• Lauren Jensen, Sustainability Coordinator, City of Rochester
• Dr. Mark Seeley, Climatologist, University of Minnesota
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant