STATE OF MINNESOTA TENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EIGHTY-NINTH SESSION
CAPITAL INVESTMENT COMMITTEE
Representative Torkelson, Chair of the Capital Investment Committee, called the tenth meeting to order at 12:47 P.M. on Thursday, February 26, 2015, in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
TORKELSON, Paul Chair
SWEDZINSKI, Chris, Vice Chair
Representative Torkelson began the meeting at 12:45 P.M. A quorum was not present.
Representative Torkelson called the meeting to order at 12:47 P.M. A quorum was present.
Representative Theis moved to approve the minutes of February 19, 2015. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Informational Hearings on:
H.F. 0563 (Nornes): Otter Tail County; flood projects funding provided, bonds issued, and money appropriated.
• Doug Huebsch, Otter Tail County Commissioner
• Wayne Johnson, Otter Tail County Commissioner
• Rick West, Otter Tail County Public Works Director/ County Engineer
• Angela Willenbring, Vice President Little McDonald-Kerbs Lake Association
H.F. 1041 (Carlson): Decola Ponds and Medicine Lake Road watershed; flood damage reduction measures funding provided, bonds issued, and money appropriated.
• Lyndon Carlson, Chief Author
• Jeff Oliver, City Engineer, Golden Valley
H.F. 0775 (Kiel): Flood hazard mitigation grant funding provided, bonds issued, and money appropriated.
• Dan Wilkens, Administrator, Sandhill Watershed District
H.F. 0675 (Fabian): Roseau River Watershed District; Oslo; Flood hazard mitigation grant funding provided, bonds issued, and money appropriated.
• Sandra Simonson, Mayor of Oslo
• Tracy Halstensgard, Administrator, Roseau River Watershed District
The meeting was adjourned at 2:15 P.M.
Representative Paul Torkelson, Chair
Kelly Kemper, Committee Legislative Assistant