STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTIETH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EIGHTY-EIGHTH SESSION
COMMITTEE ON HOUSING FINANCE AND POLICY
Chair, Representative Karen Clark
Representative Clark, Chair of Committee on Housing Finance and Policy, called the twentieth meeting to order at 12:39pm on 2/26/2014 in the Basement Hearing Room of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Clark, Karen, Chair
Bly, David, Vice-Chair
Anderson, Paul, Lead GOP
A quorum was present.
Representative Fischer moved that HF1941 (Dehn) be re-referred to the Committee on Civil Law.
Representative Dehn presented HF1941 (Dehn). Mortgage foreclosure mediation established.
Representative Fischer moved to amend HF1941. See attached H1941DE3
. MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Testimony on HF1941 as amended:
- Samuel Bolstad, University of Minnesota Law Student
Representative Fischer moved that HF1941 as amended, be re-referred to the Committee on Civil Law. MOTION PREVAILED.
Vice-Chair Bly assumed the chair at 1:25pm.
Representative Clark discussed HF2112 (Clark). Housing Opportunities Made Equitable (HOME) pilot project created, and money appropriated.
Testimony on HF2112:
- Sue Watlov Phillips, MICAH
- David McGee, BuildWealth Minnesota
- Kenneth Scales, BuildWealth Minnesota
- Paul Rhodes, BuildWealth Minnesota
- Melanie Plucinski, Minnesota Indian Affairs Council
- Edward McDonald, Executive Director, Council on Black Minnesotans
- Al Flowers, member, Council on Black Minnesotans
- Sia Her, Executive Director, Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans
- Hector Garcia, Executive Director, Chicano Latino Affairs Council
- Ruby Lee, President, CLUES
HF2112 was laid over.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:15pm.
Representative Karen Clark, Chair
Martha Ockenfels-Martinez, Committee Legislative Assistant