For more information contact:
1. What is the most important issue Minnesota faces? (Rank 1-5 with 1 your top priority)
Note: Percentage of respondents who ranked each category as priority No. 1. Some respondents entered No. 1 multiple times, pushing the total past 100 percent.
45% Budget shortfall
22% Limiting tax increases
8% Cost and accessibility of health care
11% Improving education for Minnesota students
22% Job creation
2. What should state government do to most effectively improve the economy? (Percent who selected "yes" for each)
22% Borrow money to fund construction projects
69% Reduce business taxes to encourage entrepreneurs to create new jobs
22% Raise taxes to fund state government programs
62% Reduce income taxes on individuals and families
3. What should Minnesota government do to balance the budget? (Percent who selected "yes" for each)
80% Cut spending and government programs
26% Raise taxes
56% Restructure government to spend only what we receive in revenue
4. Do you support limiting state spending to actual revenue in order to prevent future deficits?
5. Should Minnesota require voters to present photo ID at the polls?
6. Should we reconsider the ban on smoking in Minnesota bars?
73% No, leave the ban in place
17% Modifications should be considered
10% Repeal the ban altogether
7. Should the state provide any funding for the construction of a new Minnesota Vikings stadium?
8. If you answered Yes in the previous question, what funding option do you favor most? Some respondents entered No. 1 multiple times, pushing the total past 100 percent.
9% Statewide sales tax
3% Local sales tax
42% User tax applied specifically to goods and services purchased by football fans
33% Authorize racino gambling and use those proceeds
12% Transfer Minneapolis Convention Center tax revenue once that facility debt is paid
9. Should Minnesota consider nuclear power as an option for meeting future energy needs?
36% Strongly support
9% Strongly oppose
13% Not sure
No image galleries found